Permanent | Full time | Melbourne
A positive, motivated, hands-on Production leader, you will have a passion for achieving the highest levels of quality, customer service, safety and efficiency
- Location: Somerville
- Haars Nursery, an Australian-owned success story!
- Results Driven Professional
- Career development and growth opportunities!
Based on our continued growth and expansion, it’s now time to appoint a first-rate Production Manager who thrives on delivering outstanding results!
About the role:
Reporting directly to our Operations Manager, your role will be to:
- Support teams across indoor and outdoor production areas whilst following and implementing our processes across the business.
- Ensure all Production tasks including putting down potting, watering, spraying, and feeding, spacing, weeding, and picking are completed on time and that all plants throughout the nursery meet specifications.
- Train, develop and manage Area Supervisors who will work with staff to achieve all production tasks weekly.
- Manage labour and material resources to meet production KPI’s
- Prepare and maintain production reporting.
- Attractive salary package.
A positive, motivated, hands-on Production leader, you will have a passion for achieving the highest levels of quality, customer service, safety and efficiency. You will have outstanding communication and problem-solving skills and an ability to work well within a diverse team. Experience in a manufacturing/production horticulture environment is desirable.
More about us:
As Australia’s leading wholesale plant production nursery, Haars Nursery continue to ‘grow’ from strength to strength, building our reputation as an employer of choice. We specialise in flowering plants, herbs and vegetables and a preferred partner to key Australian retailers, propagators, and growers nationally. We also partner with international breeders and plant producers. Recently, we proudly achieved Fair Farms certification which ensures continued best practice delivery across the company, fair and ethical responsibility for all of our staff. This accreditation was developed and implemented by a horticulture peak industry body, Growcom, with support from the Federal Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment, AUSVEG, Fresh Markets Australia, and the National Farmers Federation Horticulture Council.
- The salary package on offer for this role is dependent upon skills and experience. Remuneration and working hours will be discussed at interview.
Please note that due to the high numbers of applicants, only shortlisted candidates who have addressed above criteria in a cover letter will be contacted.
No Agencies please.
30 March 2024
How to apply
- To learn more about Haars Nursery, please visit www.haarsnursery.com.au
- To apply follow the link.