Permanent | Full time | Melbourne
Scotsburn Nurseries is looking for an Assistant Nursery manager/Inventory manager to lead technology change.
Scotsburn Nurseries proudly supplies premium quality ornamental plants and vegetables to Victoria’s best independent garden retailers. We are NIASA Accredited and Victoria’s first EcoHort Certified seedling nursery. As Scotsburn approaches its 100th birthday in 2030, we are growing solidly, modernizing and looking for skills to lead us into our second century.
- The focus of this position is to ensure maximum efficiency of sales, packing and dispatching of our plants through confidence in our knowledge of what we have available and where that product is.
- The ideal candidate will bring an established ability to manage people, time and budgets.
- We will provide training in our procedures with the expectation that the successful candidate will challenge and develop current practice into the future.
- Regular stocktaking. Ensuring we know what we have available.
- Maintaining availability list accuracy. Ensuring that our customers can be confident to order.
- Order Picking and Packing. Ensuring that anyone who can read a picking slip, can pick a first quality order.
- General Nursery Duties, including looking after customers that visit us. Maintenance and cleanliness of equipment and grounds. Ensuring that the work environment is safe and functional.
- Full time, salaried position
- Regular hours 7.30am-4.00pm, Monday-Friday, limited overtime
- Weekend work on a roster, expectation is 1 day/part day every 3-4 weeks.
- Remuneration to be negotiated, this is a management level position and we will pay according to the skills and experience brought into our business.
30 March 2024
How to apply
How to apply:
- applications please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- address the criteria listed above
- provide a resume
- provide two current references